The Space Strategy and Planning Coordinator manages office/plant initiatives which align with the agency contracts, goals and objectives. As a member of the Facilities department, this role ensures that department initiatives are closely aligned to the business, are proactive and utilize best practices in the behavioral healthcare industry when appropriate.
The Space Strategy and Planning Coordinator manages office/plant initiatives which align with the agency contracts, goals and objectives. As a member of the Facilities department, this role ensures that department initiatives are closely aligned to the business, are proactive and utilize best practices in the behavioral healthcare industry when appropriate. The role will partner with the Director of Facilities in day to day operations, and manages access and availability to facilities and plant infrastructure while also optimizing space use and associated costs. Will plan, develop and direct agency office leasing and housing development activities. This will include but is not limited to commercial and residential properties, whether leased or owned by the agency. Working in partnership with the Director of Facilities Operations, this role aligns with the program leadership to understand space needs, opportunities to enhance services, address safety concerns, and provide capacity for program growth. This position will support the evolving space needs of the business and the agency’s clients. In addition, a primary function of this role is also to ensure town/city, housing authorities and state regulatory compliance, safety, and licensure requirements are all met. This position is an integral part of the agency in that it actively and creatively engages in strategic thinking regarding the needs of the organization and applies innovative ideas while problem solving.
- Ability to plan, organize, and lead a project, project team or department.
- Skill in working with senior leaders, landlords, and communicating complex concepts to a non-technical audience e.g. regulatory or licensing requirements
- Ability to promote customer service, communication, teamwork, set and meet deadlines.
- Strong technical skills in their ability to work with computer systems, applications, spreadsheets, power point, etc.
- Strong negotiating skills with a fair and balanced style in approach
- Strong analytical skills, and an emphasis on finances relative to contract liabilities, penalties, etc.
- Demonstrated experience as a strategic business partner and visionary to contribute to the operational success of the organization. Proven skills in project management, contracting, general management, strategic planning, program development, negotiations, analysis, organization, and presentations.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with all levels of staff within the organization and state agencies.
- Knowledge of the real estate market and regulatory requirements including property management best practices
- Knowledge and experience with procurement of services
- Strong knowledge of commercial and/or residential lease contracts, contract administration and management
- Knowledge of HUD regulations, specifically Section 202, Section 8-11 projects
- Experience in the Healthcare Industry and particularly Behavioral Health is highly preferred
- Undergraduate degree in public administration, business administration, housing and urban development, psychology, or related field is preferred.