The CCS Nurse Manager is an RN who works under the general direction of the Director of Emergency Services, and has overall responsibility for the management of the CCS program and the supervision of its team of LPN’s, MHW’s, Peer Specialist, and the Clinical Coordinator. This position has a $1,000 sign-on bonus!
The CCS Nurse Manager is an RN who works under the general direction of the Director of Emergency Services, and has overall responsibility for the management of the CCS program and the supervision of its team of LPN’s, MHW’s, Peer Specialist, and the Clinical Coordinator. The Nurse Manager works in a full time capacity in a day-time weekday position. S/he assumes overall responsibility for the monitoring and documenting medication, filling physician orders, and administering medications. S/he will monitor vital signs, and assess physical medical issues at time of admission and throughout the CCS stay, and when deemed necessary arrange for acute medical care for the clients according to protocol. The Nurse Manager will work with the team to ensure an environment that promotes safety, recovery, and treatment. S/he, along with CCS staff, will facilitate health and wellness groups and activities, and deliver treatment interventions that are strength-based and solutions-focused. S/he contributes to comprehensive assessments, provides brief crisis counseling, psychoeducation as well as the development and implementation of the treatment team functions, therapeutic groups and individualized crisis prevention/safety/recovery and discharge plans. The CCS Nurse Manager will work along with the CCS team to restore the person’s functioning, to strengthen resources and supports for the individual and their family to ensure care coordination and discharge planning back to the community. Responsibilities also include clinical intakes and management of client admissions in collaboration with the Clinical Coordinator, and ESP Director. This will ensure that client flow maintains budgeted census levels, and that is in compliance with the goals and philosophy of the Massachusetts Behavioral Health Performance Specifications is maintained.
- RN Certification (required) BS in Nursing preferred
- Must demonstrate the following characteristics: reliable, responsible, team player, ability to grow and learn in the position, detail-oriented, organized, flexible, capacity to provide support and quality care to improve the physical and mental health of individuals served.
- Must be an independent problem-solver, able to work with minimal supervision when necessary
- One year experience in an acute mental health and/or dual diagnosis setting (required)
- One year nursing supervision and/or management experience (with SMI clients preferred)
- Familiarity with Recovery oriented treatment for severe mental illness (preferred)