Great entry level opportunity exists as a Mental Health Worker in our Community Crisis Stabilization Unit in Quincy. Join our professional team to provide specialized care to consumers in a 24-hour crisis stabilization setting.
The Community Crisis Stabilization (CCS) Unit, an integral part of the Aspire Health’s Emergency Services team, provides a staff-secure, safe and structured crisis stabilization and treatment services in a community-based program that serves as a medically necessary, less restrictive, and voluntary alternative to inpatient psychiatric hospitalization. The unit offers individuals access to six on-site beds during times of crisis where the length of stay is generally three to five days, but is flexible to meet individual needs.
- Facilitating individual treatment planning
- Participating in recreational, therapeutic and coping activities
- Encouraging consumer health through proper diet and activities of daily living
- Maintaining a secure, safe setting.
- Ability to work with individuals needing intensive support and supervision
- Ability to remain calm and use good judgment in crisis situations
- Good communications skills
- Valid driver’s license and a safe driving record
- Access to a personal vehicle for outreach and client transportation
- BA/BS in Psychology or related field is required
- Previous experience working with individuals with mental health issues
- Prior experience working in an acute mental health setting is preferred