Great opportunity exists for a Social Worker to join our team of passionate, dedicated professionals who make a lasting difference in the lives of children and families!
Located in Quincy, and serving clients from Quincy, Milton, and Randolph, Step One Early Intervention is available to families with infants and toddlers with special needs, including developmental disabilities, developmental delays, and environmental or biological risk factors. The Step One team includes developmental educators, speech pathologists, social workers, licensed mental health counselors, teaching assistants, nurses, and physical, occupational, and music therapists. Working collaboratively with parents and outside care professionals, the team conducts developmental assessments, creates individual family service plans, and offers developmental and therapeutic intervention and ongoing education and support to enable families to best meet the needs of their children. Step One Early Intervention provides services in the child’s home, our learning center, and in community settings, such as child care centers. At our learning center, a range of group services are offered, including parent-baby and parent-toddler groups, infant massage, and sensory motor and social-communication groups. We serve a diverse population and have staff fluent in Mandarin, Cantonese, Vietnamese, Spanish, Haitian Creole, and Portuguese.
Countless families have benefited from the work we do and appreciate the support they have received from our program!
Our interdisciplinary team of professionals provides:
- Developmental assessments
- Home-based services to young children and their families
- Consultative services to staff of other disciplines and families
- Developmental, therapeutic group services for infants, toddlers and families
- Consultation and collaboration with other community and medical providers such as child care professionals and pediatricians
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefit package!
- Commitment to provide quality training to our staff
- Opportunities for collaboration within a multidisciplinary team
- Health/Dental insurance
- Employee recognition awards
- Company contributions to retirement plan
- Company paid life insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Mileage and cell phone reimbursement
- Opportunities to attend in-service trainings and more
- Time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively, as well as function autonomously
- Knowledge of family systems and dynamics
- Ability to build therapeutic relationships with the parents of a child with special needs
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling Psychology or related field required
- Prior experience working with children from birth to age three and their families
- Valid driver’s license and access to personal vehicle is required to do home visits in Milton, Quincy and Randolph