Great opportunity exists as a Mental Health Family Partner in our Crisis and Rehabilitation Services.
The ideal candidate will have current or previous experience as a family member/caregiver of someone currently/formerly receiving mental health services, a team player, demonstrate flexibility, ability to grow and learn in the position, able to work with minimal supervision when necessary, and capacity to provide support and quality care to improve the physical and mental health of individuals served.
- Works to provide information, support assistance and advocacy for recipients and or caregivers/family members of child and adolescent consumers of mental health emergency services
- Provide feedback and perspective to the mental health system relative to the impact and effectiveness of the services provided
- Assist with other work related to client care, as required
- Requires valid driver’s license and access to personal vehicle for consumer transportation
- Peer Specialist Certification helpful.
- Bachelor’s Degree in psychology or mental health related field preferred.
- Personal experience serving as a caretaker to family member with mental illness
- One-year experience in an acute mental health setting (preferred)
- Experience working with children and adolescents