Aspire Health Alliance is among the leaders in mental health and early intervention services on the South Shore, Boston and Cape Cod. We pride ourselves on our innovative, client-driven approaches ensuring the highest quality of care!
Exciting opportunities exists for clinicians that are motivated to expand their clinical skills and become part of a dedicated team of professionals that use Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)! Full and part-time positions available in our outpatient clinics in Quincy and Marshfield for adults and adolescents.
DBT is an innovative, evidence-based cognitive behavioral treatment program. Research demonstrates that it is not only recognized as the “gold standard” psychological treatment for chronically suicidal individuals diagnosed with borderline personality disorder (BPD), but that it is effective in treating other disorders such as substance dependence, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and eating disorders.
The four components of DBT are 1) skills training group 2) individual therapy 3) phone coaching and4) therapist consultation team.
DBT skills include:
- Mindfulness: The practice of being fully aware and present in this one moment
- Distress Tolerance: how to tolerate pain in difficult situations, not change it
- Interpersonal Effectiveness: how to ask for what you want and say “no” to what you don’t want while maintaining self-respect and relationships with others
- Emotion Regulation: how to change emotions you want to change
South Shore Mental Health will provide online DBT training. Clinicians that conduct DBT get additional compensation! Positions available in Quincy and Marshfield! Must be independently licensed.
- Ability to establish effective therapeutic relationships
- Organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and writing
- Computer skills and adaptability
- Independent licensure is required
- Previous experience doing individual therapy
- Previous experience working with DBT and/or child and adolescent psychotherapy is a plus